We are committed to playing an active role in the community in which we live and work and one of the ways we do this is through fundraising.
In 2012 we launched a CSR programme, Make the Connection, to formalise and structure our commitment to local community, and since then we have continued to set ourselves particularly challenging targets to reach these commitments.
The numbers speak for themselves: in 2013 we raised £34,000 for Nottingham Hospice, which provides end-of-life care for people with a terminal illness; and in 2014 we raise £40,000 for The Ear Foundation, a pioneer in providing cochlear implants in the UK for children. Last year we raised over £86,000 for the Children’s Bereavement Centre, an independent charity who help with the grieving process brought on by the death, terminal illness and divorce or separation of someone close. We have decided to continue our support to them throughout the first half of 2017.
TDX Group colleagues raise money for a wide range of charities that are close to their hearts, but with a particular focus on the Nottingham and local area. As well as taking part in dress down Friday, payroll giving and other nationally recognised events such as Race for Life and Movember, some of our fundraising activities for 2016 included:
- Internal raffles
- Robin Hood / Ikano marathon
- Race for Life
- Fashion show
- Charity bike ride
Some of the local, national and international charities we have supported so far include:
- Children's Bereavement Centre, supporting children and teenagers through the loss of a parent(s) or carer through terminal illness, divorce or separation.
- The Ear Foundation, a pioneer in children's cochlear implants.
- Emmanuel House, day centre for the homeless.
- Nottinghamshire Hospice, providing end-of-life care.
- The Dyslexia Association
- The Jessica Hope Association
- Barnardos, children's charity.
- Nottingham University Hospitals Charity
- Cancer Research UK
- Comic Relief
- ME Association
- Brain Tumour Research
- John Eastwood Hospice, palliative care services.
- Marie Curie Cancer Care
- Operation Orphan
- Salvation Army
- Ian Thorpe's Fountain for Youth, helping Aboriginal education.