We have a track-record of working with purchasers through debt sale and beyond
Solutions for debt purchasers
- PLATO - the award-winning debt placement and management platform to manage accounts with third party collections suppliers.
- Insolvency Management - decisioning and lifetime management of Individual Voluntary Arrangements (IVAs) and Bankruptcies through TIX and BKX.
- Advisory services access to TDX data and expertise to improve collections performance, using proven optimisation techniques and latest industry innovation.
Key themes in the debt purchaser sector:
- The UK debt sale market remains buoyant having rebounded back to the levels observed before the decline of Q4 2008.
- The growing focus on the compliance agenda that has been seen across the credit industry is a key concern and overhead for sellers over the next 12 months.
- A number of sellers have expressed concern regarding purchasers' handling of compliance post-sale to the extent that sales have been delayed or pulled from the market. This trend is following the US market where tighter regulations from the CFPB has caused some creditors to cease sale activity.
- Purchasers continue to increase their focus on new debt types which presents new challenges in pricing and servicing.
- New systems and processes are being invested in to manage the collection of niche debt types such as insolvencies and paying portfolios.
Because our debt sale service is based on a model that brings debt sellers and purchasers closer together to ensure the right debt is being sold to the right purchaser, we have worked closely with debt purchasers for many years. VENDO, our debt sale platform, is the largest in Europe, with 5.1 million accounts sold. It is also currently used by three of the eight largest debt purchasing firms in Europe. As a result we have developed a detailed understanding of the specific needs of purchasers not only when they're in the market to buy a portfolio, but also their needs through servicing a portfolio.
In the current climate of regulation and a broadening mix of portfolios coming to market, our solutions that were previously only used by creditors are now more applicable to the debt purchase market than ever before. Across debt collection, insolvency management and our data services, our solutions are proven across the debt purchase sector.